Shawshank Redemption still is #1 All Time on IMDB! But really I can't figure out why it shouldn't be.

So I scan through the Top 250 LIST! on IMDB every month or so to find a movie I have never seen. So after a year or so I always noticed number 1 was Shawshank Redemption. Now I normally don't look at the actual reviews to spare me spoilers but on the surface of the front page about the movie it just never sounded truly interesting to me. So it got skipped. Time and time and time again. Finally one day after a few beers I said screw it. If I am not pulled into it I will fall asleep on my couch and go about my list. Hey at least I tried.

FUCK was I wrong. Immediately with Morgan Freeman narrating you are drawn in. This commentary cements him as the man you want to hear read anything. The South Park episode of him reading Booger Balls makes so much sense now. Anyways back on topic. He just talks and it is fantastic to listen to. Then the story unfolds so well. Just a simple story that is easy to follow but easy to load with potential. I love mind fuck movies but I do like a story that you know where its going and just seems like people shooting shit in the back yard. Like its simple and believable but not a "mines better than yours story."

This movie went from being a couldn't care to I have watched it at least 20x in a year. I feel so satisfied by it. The anarchy taken place in the prison is so fun to watch stab itself in the face. The images and views are simple. Every character has its place.

And finally the end. I am atheist and the end just feels like there maye be a god watching over me and it makes me feel so warm inside. HOW!! Its a film about prison written by the horror master STEPHEN KING. It is not what I expected from the film at all an truly deserves to be at the top of the list.

Shawshank Redemption

To Download Latest Movies - CLICK HERE