John Williams' score for "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" is sublime

My girlfriend and I have been watching the series over the past couple weeks and pretty much anyone who is a fan of the franchise is aware that this particular installment is the strongest. I am no different in this opinion, but what really struck me on this re-watch was John Williams' score. It is outstanding! Pieces like "Buckbeak's Flight" or "A Window to the Past" belong alongside ET or Star Wars as John Williams' finest achievements.

The score for this film somewhat reminds me of Danny Elfman's score for Batman Returns, another personal favorite of mine, in that it uses the iconic themes and melodies from the original as a launching pad for new themes and melodies. Both never overuse what made the original score so unique, but rather hint at them here and there while creating a whole new world of music. I'm sure there are way more examples, but that was the first that came to mind.

Does anyone else agree?

To Download Latest Movies - CLICK HERE