Can anyone explain why the Razzie Actor/Actress categories seem to be entirely based on the quality of the film rather than the performance?

An example I have is Javier Bardem being nominated for Worst Supporting Actor for Mother! Now I don’t love mother! but I think Bardem did a fine job in the movie and his performance definitely wasn’t worthy of being called out as terrible as the razzies would suggest. Also Jennifer Lawrence was put up as a worst actress nominee and I actually thought her performance was the highlight of the movie.

Also Anthony Hopkins in Transformers and Collide

It seems like the actor categories for the Razzies are not even concerned with picking bad performances and rather just focus on picking actors who were in bad movies regardless of whether they did their jobs to the best of their ability given the shitty scripts/direction/etc.

I get that it’s all in jest and the Razzies shouldn’t be taken seriously anyway but I don’t understand their motive in pointing out performances that aren’t even necessarily bad but just happen to be in bad movies

To Download Latest Movies - CLICK HERE