Why did Babylon (2022) get bad critic reviews?

I just watched Babylon for the first time and I thought the movie was incredible. The music, the costume/set designs, the cinematography, everything was just entertaining.

I’m not a person to let reviews sway me from ever watching a movie but I’ll admit they do sometimes influence me to maybe not make a certain movie a priority on my watchlists which is why it took me so long to get around to watching this.

This movie to me seemed like it should have been a critically acclaimed success with Oscar noms and the full treatment. Margot and Pitt were incredible in it. I will say Toby’s character and part of the story probably could have used some work but still enjoyable. The editing and music all fit so perfectly. The way Damien captures the essence of early Hollywood is awesome and really immersive.

Usually when reading negative reviews after seeing a movie I liked I can at least understand where the critic is coming from but with these I really don’t. They just used a lot of buzz words like “overwhelming” and “exhausting” which are kinda the point of the move I feel like.

Do people have specifics as to why they didn’t like the movie or maybe why it wasn’t praised from a critic standpoint?

To Download Latest Movies - CLICK HERE