I cancelled Disney+ & Netflix and no take my kids 2nd hand dvd shopping - an experiment

I was looking to watch house md recently and after reviewing the expensive Amazon options something snapped and I said enough. Online I managed to get an all seasons set on dvd second hand for £14. The second hand dvd market is mad now it's so cheap. So for the last couple of months we give my kids a budget and they pick movies to order. Adventure time box set £6, Jurassic park £2. Any movie, any publisher. They love it. Now I don't have to suffer through Alvin and the chipmunks. Id hugely recommend giving it a try for any tired parents who can't stomach another rewatch of spiderman and his amazing low stakes adventures with friends. Anyone else cut subscriptions and returned to discs?

Edit: Couple of questions, in terms of space were doing folders for the discs, I think this will be horrifying for the collectors here but it's so convenient.

Regarding missing out on streaming /convenience, my main thought is it's all still going to be there in a year I can resub anytime and don't think I'll miss anything really. I think subs rely on a sense of fomo but in reality you can dip in for 1 month a year and get most of what you need I think.

Finally, I've got a nice pc set up and think the ripping to a media server thing sounds fantastic, I'll be looking into this more, saves me from scratched discs as well.

Really enjoying all the replies

More edit: absolutely checking out the local library's

House md season one rocks

More edits! Where blu rays are available I'm prioritising them but honestly out TVs upscaler is doing an impressive job on some of the old dvds

To Download Latest Movies - CLICK HERE